Now Hiring: Arts and Stewardship Programs Assistant
Still Moon Arts Society (Still Moon) inspires vibrant and connected communities by facilitating artistic experiences and nurturing a passion for nature. They do so through their eco-arts and environmental stewardship programming, majorly serving equity-denied communities, and founding festival, the Renfrew Ravine Moon Festival.
This position works with Still Moon’s Eco-Arts and Stewardship Program Managers to support programs as needed. The role is best suited for someone who likes hands-on ecology and art, enjoys being around people, and is excellent at juggling a variety of responsibilities. For the right candidate, this role will be fun. The selected candidate will be comfortable working independently, and is passionate about community development, arts and environmental stewardship. This position will provide the selected candidate with event planning, program facilitation, hands on arts/environmental stewardship, and administrative experience.
- Support Still Moon art projects and events as required: prepare materials for weaving, natural dye or other workshops/events, support post-workshop/event needs
- Support Still Moon stewardship events as required: prepare and load tools for restoration events, support in site monitoring and facilitation of events
- Attend all programs supporting managers as needed: initiate participant sign-in, media release, help create welcoming and open environment for participants
- Facilitate Still Moon programming, when appropriate; lead facilitator for Renfrew Chill Summer Camp (pending)
- Track participation and activity statistics
- Water the Colour Me Local Dye Garden 2 times/week
- Perform project research, as time permits
- Distribute physical marketing materials for Still Moon
- Participate in eco-arts activities as time permits
- Attend meetings and take minutes as required
- Interest in arts, community development, and the environment
- Friendly, outgoing, and an assertive communicator; likes sharing information and stories
- Experience coordinating and supporting events; organizing event logistics, communicating with staff, volunteers, and community members; comfortable leading small teams
- Experience facilitating programs
- Experience interacting and working with equity-denied communities
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and prioritization
- Experience in natural dyeing, weaving, an asset
- Experience in environmental restoration, invasive plant management, native plant identification, and stream-keeping activities an asset
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to varying work environments
- Able to work independently, meet deadlines, and take initiative
- Excellent written/verbal communication in English; second language, an asset
- Experience working in non-profit, social enterprise, or grassroots initiatives, an asset
- Class 5 Drivers license and access to a vehicle, an asset
- Personal computer and phone required
- Experience working with Asana and/or Google Suite, an asset
This position is funded through Federal Employment Programs. Still Moon is looking for a co-op student to fill this position for two terms (Summer and Winter Semester).
To be considered for this position you must be:
- In a post secondary co-op program in the humanities, arts, environmental management, non-profit management or other related fields
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment*;
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Salary: $ 17 – 18 / hour
Start Date: May 9, 2022 (To be confirmed)
End Date: December 2nd, 2022 (To be confirmed)
Hours/ Week: 30 hrs/week
Location: Renfrew-Collingwood Neighbourhood, Vancouver
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter by March 7th, 2022 to Varsha Gill, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Adrian Avendano, email@example.com . If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to reach out.
Still Moon Arts is committed to creating a just, equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We value the leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalized and strongly encourage racialized, Indigenous, persons with disabilities and LGBTQA12+ candidates to apply for the role.
COVID-19: Still Moon is responding in accordance to government and health official recommendations. A combination of on-site and remote work is required.