Lost Stream Street Murals
Lost Stream Street Murals (2014-2017)
With the support of neighbours, we used a little paint to uncover the lost streams of Still Creek that were buried underneath the concrete jungle in pipes. Take a neighbourhood walk and see if you can spot them!
- Ravine Street (2014) – Lead artists: Carmen Rosen, Yoko Tomita, Suzo Hickey. Supported by Neighbourhood Matching Funds.
- Lillooet Street and Moss Street (2015) – Lead artists: Carmen Rosen, Yoko Tomita, Suzo Hickey. Supported by Neighbourhood Matching Funds.
- Nootka Elementary School (2016) – Lead artists: Carmen Rosen, Yoko Tomita, Suzo Hickey. Supported by the Nootka School PAC.
- Collingwood Park Fieldhouse (2016) – Lead artist: Willoughby Arevalo. Supported by Collingwood Neighbourhood House & Vancouver Park Board.
- Cheyenne Street (2017) – Lead artist: Isaac Rosen-Purcell. Supported by Neighbourhood Matching Funds, Renfrew-Collingwood Food Security Institute, and Collingwood Neighbourhood House.
We respectfully acknowledge that our programs and initiatives take place on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Səl̓ílwətaʔ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples, who have been stewarding this land since time immemorial. We strive for right relations with the diverse peoples of Renfrew-Collingwood and the land and waters of the Still Creek Watershed.