Still Moon Arts Society is continuing to offer programs and events to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic, under the safety precautions and guidelines outlined by municipal and provincial governments. This page details the steps that we are taking at our programs and events to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure safety for all participants.
Safety Guidelines for Hands-on Programs
The following guidelines apply to programs in which hands-on activities are the primary focus. These programs include:
- Comunity stewardship sessions as part of our Shedding Light, Still Creek Restoration Project at the Colour Me Local Dye Garden, Renfrew Ravine, and at Cornette Road and Natal Street
- Natural Dye Classes run outside the Alder Eco-Arts Hub
- Drop-in sessions at the Colour Me Local Dye Garden
Safety Guidelines for Participants:
- We will have a maximum of 15 people out at any one time, including staff and participants at the ravine and dye garden – all participants will be asked to provide their name and email address to staff so we can keep track of who is coming and contact people if needed
- There will be a maximum of 6 participants at Slocan Park dye classes – for these sessions pre-registration will be required
- Participants will be encouraged to bring their own tools if they can
- All Still Moon tools will be disinfected before and after each session by staff. Tools will not be shared between participants during the sessions.
- We will all maintain a 2m distance from each other at all times, and work at the garden and ravine will be completed in zones which are much further apart
- Wearing a non-medical mask or face covering is encouraged, particularly for the instruction portion of the sessions and the natural dye demos
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at all sessions. Access to a sink for hand washing will be possible at the Slocan Park
- No food will be shared at the sessions
- Staff and participants will continue to follow the City of Vancouver’s guidelines around COVID-19:
- Remain at home if you are feeling sick;
- Remain at home if you have recently travelled outside of Canada;
- Wash your hands before and after going outside;
- Cover your cough or sneeze.
- All promotional material will include these COVID-19 guidelines, and the protocols will be reviewed with participants at the sessions
- Staff will be instructed on, and implement the sanitization/disinfection of high touch surfaces, including all tools, tables, and other materials used for demos
- Staff will be familiar with the COVID-19 protocols and will be able to explain them to participants, and will make sure the protocols are followed during the sessions
- If it becomes evident that the protocols are not/cannot be followed at the sessions, staff will develop a new solution or halt programming